As the name implies, Father and Son Builders, Inc. is a family owned and operated business. It is our priority to give you an enjoyable building experience – where the foundations of our homes are built on integrity, quality, value and unparalleled customer service before and after the sale.
Where Your Home Building Experience Begins
When you decide to build your house in Maine, there are so many decisions to make and things to consider. Our in-depth knowledge of the region, up-and-coming technologies and best building practices ensures that the design and construction of your new home will be a smooth one. Furthermore, because Larry holds an architectural degree, his assistance is instrumental in determining what features you want in your home and designing as you always envisioned.
- Every project begins with a location. Perhaps you want to live in a beautiful community like Tidewater Landing, or you prefer to select the perfect lot by the lake – we can help you find the land that is right for you. Not only will we help you pick the lot (if you need assistance), but we’ll also walk the property with you to provide options about where the home can be positioned for maximum energy savings – and view.
- When our clients come to us, most of them already have a floor plan picked out – one that is close but needs modifications. We can take the basic plan and turn it into exactly what you have in mind.
- Once we’ve finalized your floor plans, we’ll pull all necessary building permits, discuss your project with trade contractors and draw up your fixed-price contract. This way, you know exactly what it will cost to build your home.
- When construction is under way, if you’d like to make any changes, we can certainly accommodate those and provide you with the costs associated with making these changes.
- The construction of your home can take anywhere from four to eight months – depending on the design and complexity of the project. While your home is being built, we’ll keep in touch regularly so you know the progress. We will also give you guidance on the selections you need to make – and the timeframe in which you need to make them – to keep construction on schedule.
- After your home is built, we’ll introduce your new home to you by doing a “walk-through.” This allows us to show you the various mechanical systems and amenities of your home, including all green-building features.